Join us for another IPM study trip – this time to Athens, Greece.
This 3-day accredited educational trip to Athens is a combination of site visits, lectures & workshops as well as meetings with local place managers (local partnerships, markets, town centre revewal, local initiatives, local tourism etc.). Athens is a particularly interesting case study as Place Management here takes place in an extended economic crisis with the voluntary sector often taking over the role of both state and private sector.
Check the IPM site for regular updates
The Study Tour will be hosted by Dr Ares Kalandides, Professor Cathy Parker and Simon Quin.
- Redesigning the Central Market (“Varvakios Agora”)
- Resilient Athens
- Initiatives of solidarity
- Repurposing the old covered market in Kypseli
- Urban renewal in the “Commercial Triangle”
- “SynAthina” – the civil society plattform
- Tourism planning, marketing and management
- Re-branding Greece
After this study trip you will have:
…improved your professional skills
…expanded your knowledge on places and widened your understanding of how they work
…learned about the IPM’s holistic approach to place management
…found out how solidarity initiatives, the social economy, place management, markets, tourism marketing and urban development function in Athens
…gained insight into how authorities and people in Athens cope with the economic crisis
…met local place managers
…connected with other experts from around the world
…earned 1,500 credit points for your professional development (CPD)
You can contact us now for more information and to reserve your place (you can cancel or confirm later) here.
IPM Members early bird (until 31st October 2016):
- £ 600 ( aprox. € 720)** full fee
- £ 350 ( aprox. € 420) student fee
IPM Members regular (from 1st November 2016):
- £ 680 ( aprox. € 820) full fee
- £ 400 ( aprox. € 480) student fee
Non IPM Members (Check this section of our website for information on membership):
- £ 800 (aprox. € 950 ) full fee & student fee
Your fee includes:
- Lectures & workshops
- All teaching materials
- Refreshments during the day
- Three light meals
- One dinner
- Transporation for site visits
*Fees do not include travel to/from Athens, insurance or accommodation
**Currency exchange may vary
Check tweets and images from the last IPM Study Trip (Berlin 2nd – 4th June 2016) here: http://profcathyparker.com/2016/06/05/ipm-study-tour-to-berlin-june-2016-place-management-in-action/.